Sometimes you need to pop cute little items into a stocking, or you would rather make up a goodie bag of cheaper items than buy one larger, pricier gift. Or perhaps you’re looking for a Secret Santa gift, and have a smaller budget.
Here are some tips for goodies that are R50 or less.
1. Skin Republic Brightening Vitamin C sheet mask (R45 from Redsquare or Dischem) – I love sheet masks in general, but I have used this specific one twice now and I love it. I have sensitive skin and this doesn’t irritate it in the slightest. My whole complexion is brighter and fresher after using it, and it’s great to use before applying your makeup for a big event or party. There is so much serum in the pouch too, so I used the mask, and had enough serum left over for one or two more uses. Really good value.
2. Beautique all over eyeshadow brush (R49.95 from Redsquare or Edgars stores) – A drugstore priced, yet good quality eyeshadow brush. A girl can never have too many makeup brushes!
3. Essence Liquid Lipstick in 04 Show Off (R47.95 from Dischem or Redsquare) – A bright, party-season colour.
4. Beauty & The Bath sugar body scrubs (R50 from the Facebook page here. These are only available in Durban though) – I’ve tried out the bath bombs from this little company and they’re amazing (my favourites were the Eucalyptus and the Lemongrass bombs), and these scrubs look just as good. They’re so well priced and they come in some delicious looking flavours.
5. Lindt Lindor chocolate star tin (R49.95 from Woolworths) – These can be found at most stores at this time of year. It has Lindt Lindor choccies in, so yum!
6. Catrice nail lacquer in Roberts Red Ford (R49.95 at Dischem or Redsquare) – A beautiful festive red polish. These polishes go on so smoothly and last well.
7. Essence Studio Nails Repairing Nail oil with Argan oil (R38.95 from Dischem/Clicks/Redsquare) – Argan oil is such a good conditioner for all over, and this little nail oil is small enough to be popped in your handbag too.
8. Lush Candy Mountain bubble bar (R49.50 from Lush or online here) – This smells just like candy floss, and creates mounds of soft bubbles and pink bath water. So pretty!