I’m sad to announce that my twenties are about to come to an end. They’ve been a tumultuous decade for me, with drama, heart-break, happy times, sad times, funerals, weddings and although I’m sad that I’m leaving them behind and entering a more serious time in my life, I’m also grateful, as I’ve grown so much in the past 10 years. More than I thought possible.
Growing up, I thought that by 25 latest I’d have my whole life figured out, and I’d know everything. Well, at 29 (and less than a month left to go), I don’t have anything figured out, and I know a lot less than I planned on.
In order to help me look at the bright side of turning 30 (sssssshhhhhh, don’t say that out loud, as someone might hear you!), I’ve put together a wish list of all the goodies that I’ve had my eye on for a while.
1. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair concentrate R715 – this one has been at the top of my list for quite some time now. I really think it sounds perfect for my skin!
2. Kiehl’s Nightly Refining Micro-Peel concentrate – I’ve heard nothing but good reviews on this, and have been dying to get my hands on it.
3. The Body Shop Tahitian Orchid Massage Oil R185 – This oil sounds amazing to rub into dry skin, or even to add to your bath for some extra nourishment.
4. Clarisonic Mia Fit – I’ve long wanted a face cleansing brush, and this latest addition to the Clarisonic range looks amazing. Easy to travel with, and it does the best job at cleansing your face after a long day of wearing makeup.
5. Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Infusion de Rose Nourishing Oil $62 – I’ve watched makeup artists use this as a base for makeup, and bloggers use it in their skincare routines. It just sounds so delicious for your skin.
6. Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanner R320 – a self tanner for your face, and widely known as the best one there is. I love all Clarins products though.
7. The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Youth Essence-Lotion R170 – anything hydrating for your skin is good in my books, and this sounds like a goodie.
8. Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub R105 – I’ve had the Bubblegum lip scrub from Lush before and I loved it, but I’d really like to try out the Popcorn one. It sounds so tasty.
9. Crest 3D White strips 5 Minute Touch Up R885 – I used the Professional Effects strips a while ago and I loved the result. But a kit like this would be great to have, just to touch up that whiteness before events.
1. Ladies Fragrance Sampler Set R990 – Red Square offers this, and I think it’s fantastic – you get 11 different fragrance samples, and a voucher to buy your favourite out of them afterwards. Great value.
2. Paco Rabanne Olympea R810 – I’ve been dying to get my hands on this perfume ever since I first smelt it. It smells gorgeous and the bottle is so beautiful too.
3. Lush Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner R295 – This in-shower body lotion is rich and nourishing, smells delightful, and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth, so you don’t need to apply moisturiser after your shower.
4. Clarins Delicious Self Tanning Cream R370 – a yummy-smelling self tanner, that is rich and moisturising for your skin, while leaving you with a golden glow.
5. Lush The Comforter bubble bar R78.50 – my all-time favourite Lush bomb, this bubble bar creates mountains of bubbles in your bath, you can easily get 3 uses out of one bar, and it smells like sweeties. My best!
6. The Body Shop British Rose Instant Glow Body Essence R200 – a light body lotion that leaves your skin beautifully fragranced and glowing with a subtle sheen.
7. Fresh Sugar Lemon body lotion $23 – an insanely expensive body lotion, but there are so many good reviews on the Fresh brand, and particularly on this fragrance.
8. YSL Black Opium Nuit Blanche R855 – I have the original Black Opium fragrance at home, and it’s my absolute favourite. I now try and keep it for going out at night, or when I need a pick-me-up, as I have less than half the bottle left. This newer offering from YSL looks to be just as good, if not better, and the bottle looks even more gorgeous!
1. Stila Eyes are the Window to the Spirit palette R535 – all shades of eyeshadow I’d use on a daily basis, gorgeous silver and rose gold packaging, and fabulous quality. What’s not to love?
2. Too Faced Born This Way foundation $39 – we don’t get Too Faced in South Africa (booooooooo), but I’ve been hankering for this foundation ever since it first came out. Online colour matching is difficult, but after staring at it for so long, I’ve even worked out that I’d be a match for ‘Ivory’. This is going to be my next big online order I think. In like, 4 months.
3. The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops R300 each – I have long wanted these drops, and they’ll be fabulous in my makeup kit, in order to change the shades of foundations. I think I’ll get more use out of the lighter one, but for some reason, I want both!
4. Lancome Juicy Shakers in Good Kara-Mel R270 – there was a LOT of hype when these babies released, and this shade is definitely the one I’d gravitate to most. I’d love to give them a try.
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Luminous Light $45 – this is the most gorgeous, flattering powder for your face. I’ve been wanting this for a good couple of years!
6. Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Rose Quartz R270 – a really beautiful, sparkly shade.
7. the Balm The Manizer Sisters highlighter set – all three of the Balm’s gorgeous highlighters, in one little palette!
8. Benefit Rockateur blusher R385 – rose gold blush. What’s not to love?!
9. Stila Aqua Glow Serum foundation in Light Medium R595 – this foundation is like a treat for your face, and is said to be insanely good.
10. Too Faced Natural Eye shadow palette $36 – ever since I got the Chocolate Bar palette, I am totally in love with Too Faced eyeshadows. I’d love a palette like this, that I can use every day, but is small enough to pack for travelling.
11. Real Techniques 5 piece eye brush starter set R507 – I have quite a few Real Techniques brushes now, yet not one single eye brush?! So strange, so I definitely need to remedy this situation.
12. Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping lip balm $28 – the most luxurious lip balm I could ever dream of.
1. 27PINKX Luxury Organiser R1900 – a huge perspex organiser to keep your makeup safe and clean in. I have so much makeup that I need something of this sort now to put it in.
2. Yankee Candles Fireside Treats medium candle R339 – these candles are pricey, but last for ages and smell so divine. This one smells like roasting marshmallows on a log fire.
3. Yankee Candles Vanilla Cupcake medium candle R339 – I love sweet, yummy scents, can you tell?
4. Bath and Body Works Paris Lavender Macaron 3-wick candle $10 – most amazing sounding candle, and it looks sooooooooooooo pretty! I really want to try out some of the Bath and Body Works candles.
5. Skinnydip Samsung S5 Cosmo Case £12 – I have always wanted a Skinnydip phone case, and this one is just magical.
Are there any goodies on this list that you’d like? Or any you can suggest for me?