Christmas is just around the corner, and I’m so excited! This is my favourite time of year, and I can’t wait for braais, pool parties, lots of delicious mince pies, relaxing, tanning and time with my family. I love gift giving, so I’ve put together some gift guides, for those that are scratching their heads, wondering what to get the special folks in their lives.
This is a gift guide for the women in your lives, but I have one for Him and a stocking filler of sorts, with all gifts under R100.
1. Copper and glass coffee plunger from Woolworths R450 – the perfect gift for the caffeine junky, this has a modern copper effect to it. So beautiful!
2. Handmade salted caramels, in a pretty glass and copper jar from Woolworths R129.95 – this would make a lovely hostess gift, if you’re attending any Christmas parties, or a small token to anyone really. Or just a delicious treat for yourself, if you have a sugar craving. You can reuse the jar too!
3. Clarins Double Serum and Multi-Active gift set from Foschini R825 – if someone you know loves beauty and skincare, this is a lovely gift. You get a 30ml Double Serum (this stuff is amazing, I’ve been through 3 bottles of it, and always ask for it for my birthday or Christmas), 15ml Multi-Active Day cream, 15ml Multi-Active Night cream and 3ml Eye contour gel, all in a pretty white pouch with a snowflake charm.
4 and 5. Lace print satin pjs from Woolworths R225 for the top and R199.95 for the shorts – there really is no explanation for these, other than that they’re gorgeous and look super luxe.
6. Skin Creamery Everyday Cream for face and body R285 – this cream has had rave reviews from bloggers all over the country. It’s suitable for both face and body, and apparently smells delicious.
7. Real Techniques Your Picks brush set from Foschini R649.95 – Real Techniques brushes are amazing, and this set is so pretty too. You also get face and eye brushes, so it’s a nice mix.
8. Santa mug with chocolate and biscuits from Woolworths R119.95 – how damn cute is this mug?? It also comes in an owl variation, and is filled with treats to have with your tea or coffee.
9. Krone Night Nectar sparkling wine +- R114.95 from bottle stores or Woolworths – this sparkling wine is delicious, as it’s not sweet and it’s not super dry. It’s a perfect balance of the two, and a great gift for a wine lover, or to take to a festive party.
10. REN Micro Polish Cleanser R390 – this cleanses and exfoliates your skin, for a radiant complexion. It also helps to reduce pore size and fine lines, so it’s a winner in my books. I’ve also yet to find a REN product that I don’t love.
11. Yankee Candle Sugared Apple medium jar candle R339 – I love all Yankee Candles, but this Christmas-themed one looks lovely, and it sounds delicious.
12. Codage Scrubbing Cream from Metropolitan Cosmetics R840 – shew this exfoliator is pricey, but it’s the best one I’ve ever used. I received a deluxe sample size of this in my International Box Swop, and I’d never heard of the brand before, so I used it up within about 2 months. If I’d known how good the French brand was, and that it was so expensive, I’d probably have savoured it a little longer. It has little grains in, and gives a gentle but thorough exfoliation, and the cream left my skin soft and glowing and radiant. Perhaps it’s time to save up and buy a full size?
13. DKNY Be Tempted Eau So Blush R780 for 30ml – these little apple-shaped perfumes are always popular, but this bottle is so pretty, and the fragrance inside is delicious. It’s described as a blend of pink grapefruit, blood orange and red currant.