To be entirely honest, there’s nothing much I really want this Christmas. I’m happy, I’m healthy and I have everything I could ever need, especially since my sister arrived home from Cape Town on Saturday – the whole family is together!
However, I did feel I should put up a Christmas wishlist for myself too. So, I scrolled through my little wishlist notebook and put together a list of some of the things I’m lusting after, both available here in South Africa, and overseas.
I have an extensive wishlist of beauty items I’d like to try – makeup and skincare especially.
1. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in ‘Ivory’ $39 – I’ve been so happy with the Too Faced products that I have gotten my hands on, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about this foundation. I’d love to give it a try.
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop $38 – This is the Becca collaboration with Jaclyn Hill, and I’ve been desperate to try it since it was launched. It’s a champagne coloured highlighter that gives off an intense, gorgeous glow.
3. Kiehl’s Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate R750 – I have been so keen to get the full size of this overnight peel, ever since I tried out a sample sachet I received with my last Kiehl’s purchase. It’s a peel gentle enough to use every night, and my skin just glowed with health after using it.
4. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil R295 – Every time I’ve decided to splurge on this lip oil, it’s been sold out, and this only makes me want it more – it must be really good to be constantly sold out.
5. Tangle Teezer Ultimate R300 – I only use my original Tangle Teezer to brush my hair, but I’ve always missed having a handle to hold. This would therefore be my ultimate brush.
6. Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm $30 – Yes, this is an insane amount for a lip balm, and I don’t even know if we can get this here in South Africa. But I love Dior and this would be such a luxe thing to keep in my handbag, and I’d get so much joy out of using it.
7. YSL Black Opium Nuit Blanche R905 for 30ml – An insanely expensive perfume, but I’ve had the original Black Opium and it was by far my favourite fragrance ever. I’m trying to make the last bit in my bottle last me. This is a newer version and with rose gold detailing. Everything I want in fragrance packaging.
8. NARS blush in Orgasm $30 – This is such a cult favourite, and it’s the perfect blush shade for me, as I always go for peachy pink blush.
9. Chanel Mirror compact $42 – Who would pay this for a compact mirror for your handbag, I’ll never know. But I still want one! It’s such a gorgeous piece and if you look after it, it’ll last a lifetime.
10. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye R515 – I also tried out a sample of this, and it really made such a difference. I’d love to try the full size.
11. Elizavecca Hell Pore clean up mask $13.25 – the most ultimate way to clear out your pores. I’d love to give this mask a try.
12. Too Faced Hangover Primer $32 – This is apparently the most fantastic hydrating primer, and apparently it smells delicious too. Perfect for my dehydrated skin, and love of yummy scents.
13. Urban Decay Naked 1 eyeshadow palette R850 – I’ve put a fair amount of time into pondering which of the Naked palettes I’d want most, and it turns out that it’s the original one. Perfect shade selection for me.
14. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light $46 – These are meant to be powders that mimic different lighting on your skin. The Mood light is soft and brightens your complexion
I am completely obsessed with sheet masks – whether they be for my face, feet, hands, under my eyes or my lips. These are some that I’ve been eyeing up and would love to give a try.
1. Sephora brand Pearl Sheet mask $6 – A perfecting and brightening sheet mask.
2. Sorbet Hydrating Foot mask R53 – An amazing pop of hydration for dry tootsies and heels.
3. Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold sheet mask $12 for one – This is an intense anti-ageing sheet mask made with 24k gold. Fancy!
4. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask $17 for one – I’ve heard YouTubers rave about the immediate effects of this mask. It’s a real treat type mask, one you’d use before a big event.
5. Tony Moly I’m Real Coconut Hydrating Sheet mask $7.50 for two – A hydrating coconut sheet mask. I love sheet masks, and I love coconut.
6. Boscia Sake Brightening Sheet mask $8 – I love brightening masks, and this one sounds intriguing as it’s made with Sake.
7. Sorbet Smoothing 2 Step Serum Mask R57 – you first apply the sachet of serum to your face, and then the sheet mask. I’ve tried the hydrating version of this and I absolutely loved it.
8. Sephora brand Orchid Sheet mask $6 – an anti-ageing and smoothing sheet mask.
This is an assortment of other goodies that I’ve had my eye on for a while – clothing, candles, books and other accessories!
1. Yankee Candle large jar in Cinnamon Stick R398 – I love cinnamon scents, so this one is a must.
2. Yankee Candle medium jar in Autumn Night R339 – This candle looks lovely and I like the idea of the scent, as it’s meant to be a mix of earthiness, lavender and woodland notes.
3. Yankee Candle large jar in Fireside Treats R398 – I already have the small jar in this scent, but I’m trying to only burn it occasionally, as it’s so delicious and so tiny. It literally smells like marshmallows roasting on a woodfire. I’d love the larger jar!
1. Superga rose-gold sneakers R1099 – I have a pair of black Supergas and a pair of the gold ones. I wear them both all the time, and they’re unbelievably comfy. So, it goes without saying that I’d like to add the rose-gold ones to my collection. I’ve been lusting after these for far too long.
2.Inflatable Unicorn R759 – I really really really love unicorns. This would make my summer the best ever!
3. Chrissy Teigen ‘Cravings’ R474 – The recipe book written by John Legend’s wife has had so many good reviews, and she loves to cook (I follow her on Instagram, and her posts of food make me drool). I’ve wanted this since it came out.
4. Pearl Embellished mermaid bikini $15.72 – I saw this on Pink Peonies Pinterest feed and I literally became the heart-emoji. It is the most gorgeous bikini I’ve ever seen!
5. Fleur de Force ‘The Luxe Life’ R334 – I have Fleur’s first book ‘The Glam Guide’, and loved it. She’s my favourite YouTuber, so I’d love to be able to have both books in my collection.
6. Inflatable Flamingo R659 – If for some reason I can’t have the unicorn float, I’d love the flamingo one. Or just both 😉