So. Lockdown has been extended by another 2 weeks, putting us right back at the start of 21 days of lockdown – even though we’re 2 weeks in. I’m trying to put a positive spin on this – think about it, after Easter weekend is over, we’re halfway through the 5 weeks! In an attempt to continue this positive vibe (and find a way to use the random spirits left in our drinks collection), I put together an easy cocktail recipe. An Iced Tea Cocktail using the delicious Tetley lemon-flavoured tea bags!
I’m a big fan of tea. Hot with milk and sugar, iced with slices of fruit, black with honey – it all has it’s place in my heart. So when I was sent the Tetley lemon-flavoured tea at the beginning of March, I was thrilled!
This recipe is delicious on it’s own as a refreshing iced tea. However, it’s very tasty with a shot of vodka added, and even BETTER with a shot of whisky! It would be great with gin too – in fact I can picture you using it with a number of different kinds of spirits, so it’s a wonderful way of making something out of nothing.
PLUS – I used honey (rich in antioxidants, a better choice of sweetener), fresh ginger (great for your digestion, boosts your immune system and a natural anti inflammatory), and I also used fresh lemon juice and slices of lemon, so it’s packed with vitamin C too.
Iced Tea Cocktail
- 3-4 teabags Tetley lemon-flavoured tea
- 2 cups boiled water
- 3 cups cold water
- small handful fresh ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- honey, taste
- alcohol of your choice I recommend vodka, whisky & gin
- Take a large glass jug, add the Tetley tea bags and hot water, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove Tetley tea bags, add cold water and ginger, and place in fridge until chilled.
- In a tumbler, add a handful of ice cubes, a shot of your liquor of choice (or go without if you'd like a mocktail), add a slice of fresh lemon and top up with the iced tea.
- You can also add fresh mint or sliced berries if you'd like but we couldn't find either!
- Delicious with both whisky and vodka - gin would also be great!